Leader in Me Implementation
Our Leader in Me Journey
2016 - 2017
- Superintendent Perez introduced Leader in Me to Principal Scott.
2017 - 2018
- August 2017 - Leader in Me Consultants provided a Leader in Me overview presentation to staff.
- All staff participated in a year-long book study to determine if Leader in Me would be useful at our school and the impact it will have on our students and school culture over time.
- February 2018 - Staff attended the Leader in Me Symposium and also visited Leader in Me schools in San Diego County.
- April 2018 - Staff voted to implement the Leader in Me Program (46 yes/1 no).
- June 2018 - Principal Scott attended the Leader in Me Principal Academy.
2018 - 2019 - Year 1 Implementation
- August 2018 - All staff participated in a 3 Day training: 7 Habits, Launching Leadership and Creating Culture.
- 700 Students were introduced to the 7 Habits and received personal workbooks.
- September 2018 - Leader in Me Parent Night.
- Provided a Leader in Me coach from FranklinCovey to support long term implementation
- Throughout the year, student leadership opportunities were provided.
- May 2019 - Leadership Day led by students.
- June 2019 - Staff participated in Aligning Academics Training.
2019 - 2020 - Year 2 Implementation
- July 2019 - Principal and 6 staff members attend the Global Summit Conference.
- July 2019 - Repeat of Day 3 - Launching Leadership and Creating Culture.