The 7 Habits
What are the 7 Habits?
Habit 1: Be Proactive
- I have a "Can Do" attitude.
- I choose my actions, attitudes and moods. I don't blame others. I do the right thing without being asked, even if nobody is looking.
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind
- I plan ahead and set goals.
- I do things that have meaning and make a difference. I am an important part of my classroom. I look for ways to be a good citizen.
Habit 3: Put First Things First
- I spend my time on things that are most important.
- This means I say no to things I should not do.
- I set priorities, make a schedule, and follow my plan. I am organized.
Habit 4: Think Win-Win
- I want everyone to be a success. I don't have to put others down to get what I want. It makes me happy to see other people happy. I like to do nice things for others. When a conflict arrives, I help brainstorm a solution. We all can win!
Habit 5: Seek First To Listen, Then to Be Understood
- I listen to other people's ideas and feelings. I try to see things from their viewpoints.
- I listen to others without interrupting. I am confident in voicing my ideas.
Habit 6: Synergize
- I value other people's strengths and learn from them. I get along well with others, even people who are different from me. I work well in groups. I seek out other people's ideas to solve problems. I know that "two heads are better than one". I am a better person when I let other people into my life and work.
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
- I take care of my body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep. I spend time with family and friends. I learn in lots of ways and lots of places.